WB EQUESTRIAN, INC. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The $500 USD deposit is required to process your application (NOTE: As of April 15th, deposit amount is raised to $900). Your application will not be processed until we receive your deposit. Deposit is fully refundable until February 1st, 2018. After February 1st, 2018, deposit is non-refundable. If we do not receive payment within 3 days of your application being submitted, your child’s position on the trip will be forfeited.. Late registrations, made after April 2nd, 2018, will incur a $150 rush sign up charge that will not go toward the cost of tuition. If the registration is completed after June 1st, 2018 the rush sign up charge will be $200.
Deposit payment may be made online through our secure website or via check (instructions below). Please make checks payable to WB Equestrian Inc. and mail to:
WB Equestrian Inc
7425 WB Equestrian Dr.
Sanford, FL 32771
Payments may be made at once or in equal monthly installments.
All credit card and PayPal payments (other than the initial $600 or $900 deposit) are subject to a 3% convenience fee, or 4% for American Express cards.
A $50 late payment fee will apply for payments made after the due date.
Within 72hrs of submitting your registration you should receive an email acknowledgement from WB Equestrian. If you have not received this within 72 hours of registration, please call us at 407-353-0633.
All forms to be completed by parents and physician as well as packing lists, travel tips, travel insurance information, and other important information will be sent to both parents email in January. Our contract and release must be signed by all custodial parents (or guardians) and the participant. There are substantial penalties for certain rules violations, including being sent home at the parents’/guardians’ expense. Our participants are expected to comply with all WB Equestrian, Inc. rules and regulations.
We reserve the right to increase costs for tuition based on changes in fuel costs and currency fluctuations. We do not expect to do so, however.
REFUND POLICY – TUITION
The $600 deposit ($900 after April 15th) is applied towards the student’s tuition balance. Deposit is fully refundable until February 1st, 2018. After February 1st, 2018, deposit is non-refundable. Should the participant cancel or withdraw more than 100 days prior to departure, tuition less the deposit is fully refundable, less any extraordinary fees that may have been incurred, in the unlikely event there are any. Should the participant cancel less than 100 days before departure for any reason whatsoever, all tuition is due regardless of whether the participant attends or not. A credit card must be on file and available for any nonpayment prior to 100 days before departure. Acceptable means of cancellation include written notice by email or fax. Verbal cancellations are not accepted. Any participant who withdraws from the program for any reason, including involuntary dismissal, will forfeit all tuition and airfare.
There will be an application fee starting April 2nd, 2018. The fee will be $150. Registrations received after June 1st, 2018 will be subject to this increased fee $200.
In the event a trip price or discount is listed incorrectly or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or discount information, or the policy changes, WB Equestrian, Inc. reserves the right to apply the proper discount in its sole discretion.
WB Equestrian Inc. will obtain any medical or dental treatment that we, in our sole discretion, feel is necessary or advisable for the health of a participant and the health of the group. Parents/guardians agree to pay all costs and expenses incurred directly or indirectly in this regard. We attempt to reach a parent/guardian in the event that care is sought or deemed advisable and will attempt to make contact again regarding any medications recommended or prescribed.
There is an irrevocable $50 late fee for any payment made after the due date. There is a $50 late fee for not completing and returning all required participant paperwork.
If the participant is an American citizen and any trip destination requires a visa, WB Equestrian, Inc. may at our sole discretion obtain the visa on behalf of the participant but in the alternative will help guide each participant through the steps necessary to obtain it. Knowing what is required for each destination, obtaining the proper applications, submitting all necessary paperwork and all costs incurred are the responsibility of the parent/guardian and not WB Equestrian, Inc. regardless of circumstances.
If the participant is NOT an American citizen, whether or not residing in the USA, it is the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian to determine if a visa is needed to enter/exit the trip destinations, to make sure the visa(s) get processed, as well as to incur all costs that accompany that process. All necessary documentation must accompany the participant and it is solely up to the parent/guardian to determine what documentation is necessary, send it with the participant and provide WB Equestrian, Inc. with a copy. WB Equestrian, Inc. will assume no role whatsoever in this process nor its successful or accurate completion. We will also not assume any liability whatsoever, financial or otherwise for non admittance to any destination country.
Students are welcome to sign up for all trips up until the date of departure provided there is space on the trip. For all sign ups made on or after April 2nd, 2018, a $150 rush sign up charge will apply. For all sign ups made on or after June 1, 2018 a $200 rush sign up charge will apply.
FLIGHTS AND TRANSPORTATION
We offer a chaperoned group flight for every trip. Parents should verify the availability prior to booking. Participants are required to take our group flight for a few of our trips but for most trips they have the option to fly or to be dropped off at the beginning of the trip. It is the responsibility of the parent to purchase group flight tickets early as seats and lowest prices may not be available close to departure date.
We assume no responsibility for any delay, cancellation or strike of flights, public transportation such as buses, trains, ferries, metros and the like) and reserve the right to organize alternate transport as necessary. Any additional costs incurred as a result of these delays or cancellations are your responsibility and expense.
Flights within trips:
All intra-trip flights are chaperoned by the WB Equestrian, Inc. counselors and are an additional expense.
If your child does not choose to take the group flight, the responsibility for these flights rests with the participant.
Frequent Flier Miles:
Parents who wish to use frequent flier miles for their child’s group flight are more than welcome to do so. The earlier you book your trip and flights the more likely it is that this will be a viable option.
In the event that a child misses the chaperoned group flight, WB Equestrian, Inc. will work with you to help re-route the student to reach their trip. This will often incur extra fees. We strongly encourage participants to purchase Trip Insurance for this reason.
Refund Policy – Airfare:
Parents are responsible for booking all flights and it is the parents responsibility to choose the type of ticket they desire, know the refund policy associated with the ticket they choose. WB Equestrian, Inc. is not responsible for any lost flights, flight cancellations or refunds. WB Equestrian, Inc. strongly recommends each participant purchase travel insurance to cover any travel related issues.
$500 deposit ($900 after April 15th) is applied towards the student’s tuition balance. Deposit is fully refundable until February 1st, 2018. After February 1st, 2018, deposit is non-refundable. Signed contract is due within 14 days of deposit (after January 1st). Subsequent payment can be made at once or in installments. New registrations after May 1st, 2018 must make full payment within 5 days of their registration date. Substantial penalties will be assessed for late payment.
WB Equestrian, Inc. reserves the right to use any photos, videos or testimonials from its trips in any manner it desires.
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED PROPERTY AND LOST LUGGAGE
WB Equestrian, Inc. and its staff are not responsible for the loss and/or recovery of any lost, stolen or damaged belongings. In the event of lost luggage we will help as much as we can, but the responsibility for recovering lost luggage, insuring that the participant has enough clothes and supplies to continue and the lost luggage returned while on the trip is up to the parents/guardians.
Parents/guardians are expected to ensure that full disclosure is made regarding any physical or mental condition that has any potential to affect the participant’s ability to participate on the trips. Withholding information is considered a breach of contract. This obligation continues on an ongoing basis even after all forms are turned in.
CANCELLATION, RETURN AND INSURANCE
WB Equestrian, Inc. Requires all participants purchase a Trip Protection Plan for protection against trip cancellation, modification, unforeseen circumstances, delayed flights, additional costs incurred due to events which may happen as part of travel, medical or family emergencies, lost baggage situations, full medical coverage abroad, and more.
We are not responsible for costs incurred by families in preparing for a program that is altered or cancelled. We are not responsible for airfare purchased for a trip that is altered or cancelled. These are items that should be covered by the insurance policy purchased. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to determine the extent to which the chosen policy covers any event, regardless of whether or not a policy recommended by WB Equestrian, Inc. is sufficient.
We reserve the right to dismiss any participant for disruptive, unbecoming, immoral or disobedient behavior at our sole discretion, without refund, at the parents/guardians expense. Dismissed participants must be provided either a guardian for pickup or a ticket home within 12-24 hours of dismissal. Participants understand and agree that if they are present when others commit these sorts of offenses they are culpable as well and expected to notify a trip leader. WB Equestrian, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or change the program itinerary, location, dates or duration for any reason at any time. We are not responsible for costs incurred by families in preparing for a program that is altered or cancelled. We are not responsible for airfare purchased for a trip that is altered or cancelled.
APPLICABLE LAW AND VENUE
I have accurately and fully completed this online registration form, and agree to the terms and conditions outlined above. I will promptly review and complete all materials when forwarded to me. I give permission for my child to participate in WB Equestrian, Inc. program activities whether conducted by WB Equestrian, Inc. or a subcontractor and fully release WB Equestrian, Inc. and its contractors from any and all liability associated with program participation. In the unlikely event of a dispute, I agree that this registration and all other aspects of my and my child’s relationship with WB Equestrian, Inc. will be governed by Florida state law, specifically the rules of Seminole County, Florida. In the event I should not prevail in a dispute I agree to pay all court and attorney costs and fees. Venue for dispute resolution will be Seminole County, Florida.
LESSONS/RIDING RELEASE OF LIABILITY
WITNESS THIS by and between WB Equestrian, Inc., hereinafter referred to as STABLE and RIDER and, if Rider is a minor, Rider's parent or guardian. STABLE consists of any and all employees and service providers associated with WB Equestrian, including but not limited to: Owners, Managers, Employees, Agents, Trainers, Grooms and Gardeners. In consideration received, and in return for the use, today and on all future dates of the property, facilities and services of Manager, Manager's instructors, employees and agents; Rider, Rider's heirs, assigns, and representatives, hereby agree as follows:
1. RULES: That you have familiarized yourself and agree to the rules and regulations of the facility which are visibly posted outside the office.
2. INHERENT RISKS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The undersigned acknowledges there are inherent risks associated with equine activities such as described below, and hereby expressly assumes all risks associated with participating in such activities. The inherent risks include, but are not limited to the propensity of equines to behave in ways such as, running, bucking, biting, kicking, shying, stumbling, rearing, falling or stepping on, that may result in an injury, harm or death to persons on or around them; the unpredictability of equine’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement and unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals; certain hazards such as surface and subsurface conditions; collisions with other animals; the limited availability of emergency medical care; and the potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as failing to maintain control over the animal or not acting within such participant’s ability.
Rider acknowledges that horses, by their very nature are unpredictable and subject to animal whim, which may include behavior including but not limited to their propensity to kick, bite, shy, buck, stumble, bolt, rear or general unpredictability. Rider assumes all risks in connection therewith, and expressly waives any claims for any injury or loss arising there from. Rider agrees to abide by and follow Manager's rules and regulations which, shall be posted and/or available from time to time. Rider further acknowledges that the behavior of any animal is contingent to some extent upon the ability of Rider. Rider assumes all risks therefore and warrants a full and fair disclosure of Rider's abilities has been made to Manager.
3. RIDING UNDER THE INFLUENCE: Rider agrees not to enter the property, handle a horse or ride while under the influence of any substances that may affect cognitive processes or motor skills which include alcohol, marijuana or illegal substances. If you are taking any prescribed medication that comes with the warning label “may cause drowsiness, dizziness” or warning against driving or operating equipment, you may not ride or be around horses while under the influence. If you are taking such medication on a regular basis and wish to ride you must provide the STABLE with a written consent from your doctor. The STABLE has the right to stop any rider deemed unsafe for any reason and ask them to stop their equine activity.
4. RELEASE: Rider expressly releases STABLE from any and all claims for personal injury or property damage, even if caused by negligence (if allowed by the laws of this State) by Manager or its representatives, agents or employees.
5. USING YOUR OWN HORSE: In the event Rider is using Rider's own horse, or a horse(s) not owned by Manager, Rider warrants said horse(s) shall be free from infection, contagious or transmittable diseases. Manager reserves the right to refuse access or use of any horse upon the premises that does not appear to Manager to be in good health, or is deemed dangerous or undesirable.
Under Florida law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.
RIDER (OR RIDER’S PARENT OR GUARDIAN) AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND MANAGER AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, JUDGMENTS, ORDERS, COSTS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES, WHICH MAY IN ANY WAY ARISE FROM OR BE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH RIDER'S USE OF OR PRESENCE UPON THE PROPERTY OF MANAGER AND THE FACILITIES LOCATED THEREON.
In the event rider is a minor, the parent or guardian shall further indemnify, defend and hold Manager harmless from any such claims by said minor child, regardless of any statute of limitations or contractual limitation of actions.
Stable reserves the right to terminate this Agreement within seven (7) days of the horse’s arrival if the horse, in Stable’s opinion is deemed to be dangerous or undesirable for Stable’s establishment. In such case, Owner shall be solely responsible for removing the horse within seven (7) days of receipt of notice of termination and shall further be responsible for all fees and costs incurred as a result of the horse’s presence upon premises.
The boarding fee is due on or before the first day of each month. In the event payment is overdue, the following penalty schedule shall be followed:
10 days past due = $50.00 penalty;
30 days past due = $100.00 penalty;
45 days past due = Stable shall be entitled to a lien against Owner's horse or horses, and any of Owner's property upon Stable premises, and shall be entitled to enforce said lien and foreclose its interest against said horse or horses and/or property for any amount due and owing.
The posting of updated rate schedules in a conspicuous or open place in Stable’s office shall constitute notice of any and all rate changes or regulation changes as may be deemed appropriate by Stable.
The security deposit payable with this Agreement shall be refunded to Owner within thirty (30) days of the date of termination of this Agreement, provided however, Stable may deduct there from any amounts then due and owing. The cost to repair any damages incurred to the property by Owner's horse may also be deducted.
3. Feed, Facilities, and Services: Owner is responsible for notify Stable management of desired quantities of grain and hay. Owner is responsible for notifying management of any desired changes in grain and hay. Due to the fact that each owner and horse combination have their own weight/ performance goals for their horses, owner is ultimately responsible for the weight and condition of the horse based on the information provided to management, should the owner wish to increase or decrease the weight of their horse, the Owner is responsible for dictating ration quantity changes and the subsequent outcome. Stable agrees to provide adequate feed and facilities for normal and reasonable care required to maintain the health and well-being of the animals. Owner has inspected the facilities and confirmed the facility is in adequate, safe and proper order. Owner is responsible and solely liable for accidents, injuries and loss of life sustained by Owner, Owner’s family members, invitees and agents caused by said individuals and/or Owner’s horse. Owner agrees to at all times maintain adequate accident/medical insurance to cover Owner and family members.
4. Risk of Loss and Standard of Care: DURING THE TIME THAT THE HORSE IS IN CUSTODY OF STABLE, STABLE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SICKNESS, DISEASE, ESTRAY, THEFT, DEATH OR INJURY WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY THE HORSE.
Owner fully understands Stable carries no insurance of any kind on any horse not owned by Stable and that all risks connected with boarding or any other reason for which the horse is on Stable premises are to be borne by Owner.
5. Hold Harmless: Owner expressly releases Stable from any and all claims for personal injury or property damage, even if cause by negligence, by Stable or its representatives, agents or employees.
6. Emergency Care: Should Stable determine in its sole discretion that medical treatment is needed for Owner's horse, Stable agrees to attempt to contact Owner, but if Stable is unable to contact Owner, Stable is then authorized to secure emergency, veterinary, and blacksmith care required for the health and well-being of Owner's. All costs of such care secured shall be paid by Owner within fifteen (15) days from the date Owner receives notice thereof, or Stable is authorized, as Owner’s agent, to arrange direct billing to owner.
7. Limitation of Actions: Any action at law or equity and/or any other claim brought by Owner against Stable must be brought within one (1) year of the date such action or claim accrues.
8. Shoeing and Worming: Back Barn Board does not include farrier service. Boarders selecting back barn board may bring in their own farrier, they are responsible for scheduling and payment. If Boarder chooses to use WB Equestrian appointed farrier then the farrier will come once a month and WB Equestrian will bill boarder with their board fee and WB Equestrian will make payment to the Farrier. WB Equestrian is not responsible for lost shoes or quality of work provided by the farrier.
Stable shall provide paste worming on a quarterly schedule, alternating between Ivermec and Pyrantel Pamoate.
Owner agrees to provide Stable with all health records with regard to Owner's horse. Owner agrees to have Owner's horse vaccinated on a regular schedule, and in the event same is not accomplished and proof of same presented to Stable within thirty (30) days from the date of such services or veterinary treatment, Stable is authorized to arrange for such treatment, but not obligated to do so; such expense shall be the obligation of Owner, and upon presentation by Stable of the bill for such services rendered, including service charges, any bill shall be paid within fifteen (15) days from the date the bill is submitted to the Owner.
9. Hauling and Transportation: Owner hereby authorizes Management to transport, haul, and/or trailer any horse requested for horse shows, equestrian events, rodeos, sales, or other events upon request of Owner. Owner hereby releases, waives and discharges Stable, its management and employees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, claim or liability arising from transportation of Owner's horse.
10. Changes or Termination of This Agreement: The term of this Agreement shall be for one calendar month and shall automatically renew on the first day of each month unless terminated by either party with thirty (30) days prior written notice of such termination.
11. Rules and Regulations: Owner agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations of Stable. In the event someone other than Owner shall call for the horse, such person shall have written authority signed by Owner to obtain Owner's horse.
12. Right of Lien: Owner is put on notice that Stable has a right of lien as set forth in the laws of the State of Florida, for the amount due for the board and keep of Owner's horse, and also for storage and services, and shall have the right, without process of law, to retain Owner's horse until the amount of Owner's indebtedness is discharged. Stable will not be obligated to retain and/or maintain Owner's horse in the event the amount of the bill exceeds the anticipated value of said horse. In this event Stable exercises Stable’s lien rights as above-described for non-payment, this Agreement shall constitute a Bill of Sale and authorization to process transfer applications from any breed registration as may be applicable to Owner's horse upon affidavit by Stable’s representatives setting forth the material facts of the default and foreclosure as well as Stable’s compliance with foreclosure procedures as required by law. In the event collection of this account is turned over to an attorney, Owner agrees to pay all attorney's fees, costs, and other related expenses for which a minimum charge of $300.00 will be assessed.
13. Property in Storage on Stable’s Premises: Owner may store tack and necessary equipment as well as one horse trailer on the premises of Stable at no additional charge to Owner. Stable shall not be responsible for the theft, loss, damage or disappearance of any tack, equipment, trailer or other property stored at Stable as same is stored at Owner’s risk. Further, Stable shall not be liable for the theft, loss, damage, or disappearance of any tack or equipment taken for any reason to horse shows or clinics. Should the Owner leave the Stables any property not removed within 14-days will be considered abandoned and shall become the property of the Stables to depose of as they see fit.
14. Inherent Risks and Assumption of Risk: The undersigned acknowledges there are inherent risks associated with equine activities such as those described below. The undersigned expressly assumes all risks associated with participating in such activities. The inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the propensity of equines to behave in ways such as running, bucking, biting, kicking, shying, stumbling, rearing, falling or stepping on, which may result in injury, harm or death to persons on or about them; the unpredictability of equine’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement and unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals; certain hazards such as surface and subsurface conditions; collisions with other animals; the limited availability of emergency medical care; and the potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as failing to maintain control over the animal or not acting within such participant’s ability.
15. Entire Agreement: This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties. No other agreements, promises, or representations, verbal or implied, are included herein. This Agreement shall be enforced and interpreted in accordance with the laws of said State of Florida. In the event of any litigation arising between the parties, venue for such action shall be exclusively in the state courts of Seminole County, Florida with the prevailing party being entitled to recover from the non-prevailing party reasonable attorney's fees and costs.
Under Florida law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.
STATEMENT OF AWARENESS
I/WE THE UNDERSIGNED, HAVE READ AND DO UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT, WARNINGS, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE AGREEMENT. I/WE FURTHER ATTEST THAT ALL STATED FACTS ARE TRUE AND ACCURATE.