WB is pleased to announce we will be offering youth summer camp again this year.
2012 will be our 7th year of camp and our 5th year at the new facility. We are looking forward to an even better summer this year. Our new facility has a 150x250 covered arena which will keep our campers out of the sun, while our air conditioned viewing areas will provide plenty of space to eat lunch and work on our arts and crafts.
If your child has never attended WB riding camp, this is what they can expect:
1. We learn how to groom and tack horses to ride.
2. Each child will then have an opportunity to ride in small groups.
3. After riding the horses must be bathed and put in their stall.
4. Before we eat everyone gets to prepare and feed lunch to the horses.
5. Afternoon spot left open for arts and crafts, demonstration, play time.
6. Then we groom and tack one more time, giving each child a second ride before camp finishes for the day.
There are some wonderful benefits to riding camp:
1. Children who have never been around horses can experience just how wonderful they are to be around.
2. Riding camp helps build confidence, both around large animals and confidence to make new friends.
3. Every day they learn something new, and achieve goals.
1. Children who take lessons can learn more about what goes into caring for a horse.
2. They can use their knowledge to help introduce beginners to horses, creating new friendships.
3. Those that own their own horse can gain useful experience riding different horses each day.
Typically we offer 4-5 weeks of camp throughout the summer depending on our show schedule.
Camp hours are Monday - Thursday from 9am - 2:30pm.
For 2012 the price of camp is $400 per week Facebook users who clicked on our Facebook ad receive an additional $50 discount. We will also be offering after care from 2:30 - 5:00pm for an additional $50. After care will consist of arts and crafts, movie time in our viewing area. No additional riding will be given during after care due to our lesson program begins at 3pm.
Dates for the 2012 Camp are :
Session 1 - 6/11 - 6/14 > THIS SESSION IS FULL
Session 2 - 6/25 - 6/28 > THIS SESSION IS FULL
Session 3 - 7/16 - 7/19
Session 4 - 8/6 - 8/9
If you have any questions please email us or call 407-353-0633